On Tuesday, January 10, 2017the seasonal meeting of KDA was held at the premises of the association in the presence of the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors. The Vice Chairman Professor Mohammed Al-Qatamireviewed the most important activities of the KDA for the 2016 period, which was highlighted by the new Board of Directorsadding new young and dynamic members to enhance the activities of the association, through a new board and new management; for the association to continue to evolve and strengthen the spirit of teamwork, which we call God to guideits employees for further evolution.
Mr. Qatami also talked about other activities including:
- The KDA delegation headed by Dr. Ahmed Al-Shiha, KDA Chairman, Mr. Mohammed Al-Qatami, KDA Vice Chairman, and Mr. Salem Al-SharhanKDA General Director met with the British Dyslexia Association (BDA) delegation, Dr.
Kate Saunders, Phil Warmly, and Sue Fowler responsible for the project friendly Dyslexiaschools and Britain schools. During the meeting, both associations identified theiractivities; it was also very important to talk about emphasizing and consolidating this relation between both associations at the service of dyslexia.
- The appointment of Mr. Salem Al-Sharhan as General Director of the KDA.
- Achieving the performance test of Dyslexia for the secondary school and the beginning of the University stage; due to the request of several scientific bodies to evaluate the work of the new students, and learn about their educational abilities.
- Several lectures and workshops were held innumerous schools in Kuwait, brochures and magazineswere distributed to expand awareness.
- The development of the KDA’s website, and activation of the association’s accounts on social medias.
- KDA visited the Sharjah Center for Learning Disabilities in SharjahCity for Humanitarian Services, and activated the cooperation with the center frames preparing a meeting entitled: Dyslexia Features in the Palace of Culture in Sharjah, as well as their visit to the Kuwait Dyslexia Association.
- The coordination with the Egyptian Dyslexia Association to provide services, and cooperation in the areas of learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
- The meeting with the Expert at the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) – Kuwait, aiming to put the international research and local services provided by the UNDP, at the service of people suffering from learning difficulties in general and dyslexia in particular.
- The meeting with expert Dr. Jill Lyn England at the World Bank,presenting the KDA activities regarding dyslexia, and the KDA efforts in the diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and awareness.During the meeting, the expert collected information and data about the KDA activities to be included in writing in the National Center for Education Development report.
- Create a work team to develop a national protocol for the diagnosis of learning disability.